In a constantly changing tax landscape, our tax team can advise you on tax matters at every stage of your business life cycle.
If you’re starting up, our corporate tax team can help you structure your domestic and cross-border tax issues effectively. As your business grows, we can help you with general and transactional tax advice.
If you are looking to expand your business overseas, we can provide advice on the tax implications of mergers and acquisitions, international tax regimes and global mobility of your stakeholders. Our expert tax team can advise you on exit strategies, including guidance on restructuring or refinancing your business.
How we help
We walk with corporates to navigate risks, pursue opportunities, and optimise their business.
Corporates operate in dynamic business environments usually across multiple geographies which often leads to complex tax challenges across jurisdiction. In such circumstances, corporates require proactive and timely advise on their tax matters to ensure operations are not affected due to tax related matters.
At Grant Thornton Singapore, we have in-depth experience of both inbound and outbound transactions, including acquisitions and disposals spanning numerous countries across the region. We draw on our strong international network to provide you with multi-national tax advice in the context of your business transactions.
We can help you with:
- Buy and sell side tax due diligence to identify and manage both historical and potential future tax exposures
- Sale and purchase agreement and related documentation advisory
- Transaction structuring advice, evaluating alternative structures and taking into account cross-border strategies to ensure a tax optimal acquisition and future exit
- Tax modelling support – to help you understand and improve the tax efficiency and cash flows of your proposed structure
- Post-deal services, advising on a variety of tax issues that arise post-transaction, including regulatory, tax strategy and compliance matters and operating model effectiveness
Our team can advise you on your business restructuring transactions, including divestments, group reorganisations, the restructuring of third party and inter-company debt, or the refinancing of existing liabilities.
In particular, we have experience in:
- Group structure rationalisation and reorganising operating structures including managing taxes on exit or disposal
- Analysing and structuring the tax aspects of new financings and re-financings
- Developing appropriate structuring to effect debt push-down
- Withholding tax considerations on repatriations
- Local interest deductibility and anti-avoidance tax regimes
Careful tax planning is critical for businesses in the current global tax climate. We can assist you to build a robust tax strategy as your business expands globally. Our commercially driven approach helps our multinational clients manage their tax affairs effectively, in a manner that aligns with current and future business model developments.
Our experience covers:
- Tax forecasting
- Tax risk management including tax health checks and consideration of the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting regime
- Cross-border tax optimisation strategies including double tax relief measures and supply chain tax analysis
- Digital tax considerations
Developing a tax efficient structure that saves costs while reducing risk
A private equity firm was seeking to acquire a solar power project developer with operations across APAC. The company was able to put in place an optimised tax structure and mitigate risks relating to past tax exposures.Read the case study
Why Grant Thornton
Whether you’re starting up, navigating the international tax landscape, growing through mergers and acquisitions, or wanting an exit strategy, Grant Thornton goes beyond business-as-usual so that we can meet each clients' unique needs.
Explore a career with our tax team
Our people are at the core of our business. From autonomy at work to dedicated mentorship, our people are empowered to decide the direction and pace of their career development.Browse career opportunities
Keep up to date with the latest news
Subscribe for timely technical updates and keep on the pulse with industry developments