The Singapore Companies Act mandates that every company must appoint a company secretary. The role requires in-depth knowledge of both business and regulatory environment to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and to advise on corporate governance and best practices. Failure to meet statutory obligations can have severe legal, reputational and financial ramifications.
Partnering with experienced, qualified and knowledgeable company secretary in Singapore will give you complete confidence that you are meeting all your corporate obligations.
Why outsource your company secretary services?
As with requirements for other business-critical functions such as accounting and tax, Singapore’s requirements for company secretaries are many and complex. The pressure of adapting to the ever-evolving schedule of corporate legislative requirements can be overwhelming.
Outsourcing your corporate secretarial functions to our Singapore-based team will relieve your in-house team of time consuming corporate compliance activities. This means you can:
How we help
Our goal is to help businesses to succeed in the long term and meet the evolving compliance requirements in Singapore. We provide value-added services and solutions that are flexible and tailored to your needs, and more importantly, that solve your problems.
Our Corporate Secretarial Services team offer the full suite of company secretarial services to assist businesses establish a presence in Singapore, from top-tier multinationals to small and medium enterprises, across a wide range of industries, and assist them comply with all the ongoing governance and regulatory requirements.
Businesses can establish a presence by setting-up various business vehicles available in Singapore. These business vehicles have different characteristics and regulatory obligations.
We can help by:
- Advising on the characteristics and regulatory obligations of the different business vehicles
- Incorporating companies, registering foreign companies and transferring registration of foreign corporate entities in accordance with the Singapore Companies Act
- Incorporating variable capital companies in accordance with the Singapore Variable Capital Companies Act
- Registering limited liability partnerships in accordance with the Singapore Limited Liability Partnerships Act
- Registering limited partnerships in accordance with the Singapore Limited Partnerships Act
- Providing named company secretary
- Providing registered office and mail forwarding services
Stay compliant with every aspect of business regulations in Singapore.
We can help by:
- Advising on legal entity compliance obligations
- Managing statutory and regulatory compliance and reporting obligations
- Maintaining statutory registers, minutes and company records
- Advising on statutory and regulatory requirements for corporate actions
- Assisting with the implementation of corporate actions
- Preparing board and shareholders’ resolutions
- Attending and preparing minutes for board and shareholder meetings
- Advising on, preparing and lodging annual returns and other requisite filings with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA)
Closing down your business can be unfortunate, but it does not have to be difficult. We offer advice and assistance to help you effectively manage the company cessation process.
We can help by:
- Advising on pre-dissolution and restructuring
- Striking off solvent and dormant entities
We also offer a range of ad-hoc services including
- Performing health checks on statutory records and recommending remediation actions
- Facilitating the legalisation of corporate documents
- Extracting of company information from ACRA
Our experienced and qualified corporate secretarial professionals are able to assist you with corporate actions including:
- Change of name
- Allotment of shares
- Transfer of shares
- Reduction of share capital
- Repurchase of shares (share buy-back)
- Conversion of shares
- Redenomination of shares
- Short-form amalgamation
- Alteration of constitution
- Issue and redemption of preference shares
- Creation, variation and satisfaction of charges
In addition to corporate secretarial services, we can work together with you to outsource your business functions to help you focus on what you do best. This will aid in streamlining operations, potentially reducing overheads, and staying in compliance with Singapore's continually evolving regulatory landscape.
Why Grant Thornton
Our deep local expertise makes us the chosen partner of major multinationals, small private firms and everything in between.