With more goods and services crossing national borders than ever before, you may be facing indirect tax (GST/VAT) obligations in many countries – even those where your customer is located.
The global shift to indirect taxes and tax rates on the rise would also mean that the costs of compliance will increase if your indirect tax obligations are not properly managed and controlled.
Grant Thornton’s GST team take a rigorous approach to helping you meet these obligations, whatever challenges you may face along the way. Using our finely tuned local knowledge and experience, supported by global expertise from member firms, we help you understand and comply with often complex and time-consuming regulations.
We provide services that support clients throughout the entire business life-cycle and a range of functions:
- GST registration, administration and de-registration matter: Our services assist the full spectrum of clients including, those that have just incorporated in Singapore and require assistance with GST registration and other start-up advice all the way through to those requiring de-registration and GST advice on liquidation proceedings.
- GST compliance: We prepare / review and submission of GST returns and handling GST audits and dispute negotiation and resolution matters with the IRAS.
- GST risk management: We conduct voluntary and mandatory IRAS Assisted Self-Help Kit ("ASK") reviews. For our larger clients we also perform IRAS Assisted Compliance Assurance Program ("ACAP") reviews. We also assist and advise clients on other matters such as statement of practices (SOPs) and perform customised GST training.
More about how the ACAP accreditation can help your company save cost, improve governance, and get preferential treatment
More about the ASK review can help you identify and correct past GST errors early in a penalty-free environment
- GST advisory (value-add): We provide an array of value-add services to our clients including advising on the tax liability of transactions (including submission of rulings from the IRAS), tax-efficient planning for transactions and structures.
- GST Schemes applications and renewals: We support clients in making new scheme applications or renewing their existing schemes with the IRAS (e.g. MES, IGDS, A3PL, AISS etc)
Senior ManagerContact Jeremy