Thursday, 27 August 2020 - 10.00 am
- Recap on partial exemption (the building block for understanding the GST reverse charge):
- what is partial exemption
- de minimis test
- applicability and impact of regulation 33, 34 and 35
- apportionment, calculation and longer periods
- GST Reverse Charge:
- who will be affected by the reverse charge and its implications
- the value and calculation of the reverse charge
- when to apply the reverse charge
- preparing for the reporting obligations under reverse charge
- Finance and tax professionals who are involved in GST compliance work;
- Business owners and senior management who like to understand and assess the impact of the recent GST rule on their businesses or
- Professionals looking to increase and expand their GST knowledge.
Jeremy O'Neill Jeremy heads up the indirect Tax service line of the practice. Jeremy was a part of Grant Thornton’s implementation team during the introduction of Value-Added Tax in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) in 2017/2018 and during the course of his career with Grant Thornton has lived in and advised clients on indirect tax matters in UK, UAE and now Singapore.