Job type: Full time
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax, and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 130 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing, and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
We are currently looking for a Valuation Advisory Associate / Senior Associate to join our team.
As a Valuation Advisory Associate / Senior Associate, your responsibilities include:
- assisting in performing independent valuations of financial instruments (convertible loans, options, debt securities & equity securities), businesses, tangible and intangible assets for financial reporting, mergers & acquisitions & litigation support purposes
- developing valuation models to assess a variety of financial instruments adopting methodologies for option valuation, monte carlo simulation, credit assessment and fixed income valuation, models for business valuation including discounted cash flow and trading/transaction multiple valuations as well as models for intangible asset valuation
- performing market and industry research
- drafting internal and external valuation reports
- reviewing and analysing valuation models/reports critically assessing underlying assumptions and data
- assisting in practice development and business development activities including preparation of proposals
- developing and maintaining positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
Qualifications and requirements
- Excellent academic background with a Master of Science in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or related degree. Professional qualification in accounting / CFA will be an added advantage
- Ideally 2-4 years of valuation experience acquired within the valuation practice of an audit & accounting professional services firm or bank
- Strong grasp of quantitative finance, financial instruments, business, and intangible asset valuation concepts including valuation models for derivatives, credit instruments, monte Carlo simulation, discounted cash flows, trading/transaction multiples valuation as well as intangible asset valuation models
- Knowledge of valuation related financial reporting standards
- Proficient user of the S&P Capital IQ platform
- Expertise in implementing valuation models for financial instruments in VBA or other programming languages
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and presentation/report writing skills, combined with a good understanding of business dynamics and commercial value drivers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, ability to develop good internal and client relationships operate well within a team environment
- High proficiency in both verbal and writing English is essential. Chinese and other Southeast Asian language skills are and added advantage
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Please complete the Job Application Form [ 754 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
Applications for this position are now closed