Job type: Full time
Categories: Tax/Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Job ID: 57
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Tax team supports organisations at every stage of the lifecycle – from structuring business tax effectively and managing any employment tax issues to transactional tax obligations and compliance. The team helps businesses develop strategies that help businesses understand and manage tax liabilities and risk in a transparent and ethical way.
The friendly and supportive tax team works collaboratively across various four main specialties – corporate tax, goods, and services tax (GST), transfer pricing, and employer solutions and private clients. The team openly communicates at all levels, giving the support and guidance to develop as individuals and use their voice to shape the future of the team.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly, and vibrant individual, to join our GST team for the role of Associate.
- Manage/support portfolio of GST compliance clients
- Assist with GST health-checks, GST ACAP and ASK reviews
- Prepare/draft simple advisory for clients
- Being part of a multi-disciplined team on transactional work including vendor and purchaser due diligence
- Support clients on IRAS enquiries and audits
- Involved with other broader tax matters
Qualifications and requirements
- Any recognised bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification in accounting
- At least 1 year of relevant tax working experience
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Attained / attaining accreditation from the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) would be an added advantage
- Attention to details and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Skilled in writing, interpersonal communication skills in building rapport and collaborating effectively with other team members
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 57 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes each individual unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace. So, no matter where you are from, we invite you to discover more about us.
Applications for this position are now closed