Job type: Internship
Categories: Advisory/Restructuring & insolvency
Job ID: 45
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Restructuring and Insolvency team
Our restructuring and insolvency team works closely with industry professionals, companies and their stakeholders to identify and resolve issues affecting profitability, protect enterprise value and facilitate a full recovery where possible.
The team is made of young and friendly professionals bringing about an easy going culture. While projects are often done in a pressurised environment, the team works collaboratively and supportively across all levels to be able to deliver their best. The leaders in the team are hands-on, guiding and teaching more junior members to navigate situations and stakeholders that may be difficult or tricky. Each individual is has the space to grow in their own way and to discover what is best for them.
As an intern in the Restructuring and insolvency team you are required to assist in conducting reconciliation on our clients' accounts and ensuring their completeness:
- To prepare and assist in the analysis of our clients' ongoing business operations
- To ensure statutory compliance under the Companies Act and Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 through assisting in the preparation of statutory documents and legal reporting
- To assist with legal correspondence
- To facilitate cashflow management and processing of payments
- Ad hoc administrative tasks that are workstream specific
Qualifications and skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field in a recognised university
- Must be able to complete at least 3 months
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
We welcome applications for any internship periods including winter and summer internship periods.
- Winter internships: Sep/Dec – Dec/Jan
- Summer internships: May - Jul/Aug
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 45 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.
Applications for this position are now closed