Job type: Internship
Categories: Advisory/Risk & restructuringApply for this position
About Grant Thornton Singapore
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 135 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
Our Restructuring and Insolvency team focuses on identifying and resolving issues affecting profitability, protecting enterprise value and facilitating a full recovery where possible. Assignments vary from financially robust companies seeking to acquire underperforming competitors, to distressed businesses requiring an urgent solution. Globally, we have over 50 member firms in key business centres authorised to undertake specialist recovery and reorganisation assignments. We share best practice and methodologies to meet the legal, commercial and cultural challenges that cross-border projects present.
We are currently looking for a Restructuring and Insolvency Intern to join our team.
As a Restructuring and Insolvency Intern, your responsibilities include:
- assisting in conducting reconciliation on our clients' accounts and ensuring their completeness
- preparing and assisting in the analysis of our clients' ongoing business operations
- ensuring statutory compliance under the Companies Act and Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 through assisting in the preparation of statutory documents and legal reporting
- assisting with legal correspondence
- facilitating with cashflow management and processing of payments
- working on ad-hoc administrative tasks that are workstream specific
Qualifications and requirements
- Pursing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite – specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational skills – especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Applications are open for winter internships and will close on 30 Nov 2021. We also offer off-cycle internship opportunities and applications will be open throughout the year.
Please complete the Job Application Form [ 754 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
Advertised: 09 Sep 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 30 Nov 2021 Singapore Standard Time