Specialism / Function
We are looking for energetic, friendly and vibrant individuals who are looking for a new challenge.
At Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS), you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS as we are rapidly growing with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Manager within our FRAS team:
- You’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, whilst recognising and assessing business growth opportunities.
- You’ll drive new business development initiatives and identify opportunities in the market.
- You’ll assist your colleagues in the drafting and writing of new proposals.
- You’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development.
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- Include planning, directing, and completing projects; developing and assignment: supervising staff; reviewing reports and related technical accounting issues, business development and facilitating cross border engagements.
- Works closely with partners, director and staff on client management and practice development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Required degree in Accounting or Finance and completed qualification for Singapore CA or international equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive audit experience, with focus on technical accounting responsibilities or experience in Accounting Advisory experience in Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm.
- Experience leading international engagements where other members of the team are involved in the execution of the project.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in IFRS and US GAAP preferred.
- Proficiency with IFRS 9, 15, and 16.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Experience with variety of advisory related projects, such as compliance, consolidations, accounting policy, technical advisory, process improvement, and/or financial reporting experience.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated, including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, with proven track record in business development skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with others, creating a positive team environment
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and report writing software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Please send your application to email@example.com, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail.