Job type: Full time
Categories: FRASApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax, and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 130 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing, and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
We are currently looking for a Financial Reporting Advisory Services (FRAS) Manager to join our team.
As a Manager within our FRAS team, your responsibilities include:
- building and maintain strong client relationships, whilst recognising and assessing business growth opportunities
- driving new business development initiatives and identify opportunities in the market
- assisting your colleagues in the drafting and writing of new proposals
- managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
- having a genuine interest in our clients to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations
- seizing opportunities, adapting quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves
- applying critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow
- planning, directing, and completing projects; developing and assignment: supervising staff; reviewing reports and related technical accounting issues, business development and facilitating cross border engagements
- working closely with partners, director and staff on client management and practice development.
Qualifications and requirements
- Required degree in Accounting or Finance and completed qualification for Singapore CA or international equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years progressive audit experience, with focus on technical accounting responsibilities or experience in Accounting Advisory experience in Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
- Experience leading international engagements where other members of the team are involved in the execution of the project
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in IFRS and US GAAP preferred
- Proficiency with IFRS 9, 15, and 16
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- Experience with variety of advisory related projects, such as compliance, consolidations, accounting policy, technical advisory, process improvement, and/or financial reporting experience
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated, including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, with proven track record in business development skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with others, creating a positive team environment
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and report writing software
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Please complete the Job Application Form [ 754 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
Advertised: 06 Dec 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 28 Feb 2022 Singapore Standard Time