Job type: Full time
Categories: ValuationsApply for this position
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 60,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Valuation team
Our Valuation team blends technical expertise with a pragmatic outlook to deliver support during the financial reporting process, transactions, restructuring and disputes. Led by accredited professionals with decades of experience, the Valuations team is able to create meaningful value tailored to the needs of each client.
As a fairly new team, its small size allows them to be agile and adaptable to market developments. The team’s open and non-hierarchical culture nurtures the team members to speak freely. Be it clarifications for a project or career aspirations, the team builds up its people to gain the right experience and skills for their career trajectory.
You will be working closely with your team to:
- Assist in preparing proposals for internal and external clients
- Assist in execution of valuations for businesses, intangible assets, financial instruments, etc, for the purpose of financial reporting, transactions, and litigation support
- Assist in performing purchase price allocations for post-transaction financial reporting purposes
- Assist in preparing comprehensive valuation reports and review memos which will meet the requirements of both internal and external clients
- Assist in general administrative tasks in the department
Qualifications and skills
- At least 1 years of relevant experience in external audit in a mid-tier accounting firm (preferable)
- Recognised Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields or equivalent professional qualifications
- Demonstrated basic accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interest in field of valuation
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads
Please complete the Job Application Form [ 754 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to email@example.com, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.
Advertised: 23 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 28 Feb 2023 Singapore Standard Time