Job type: Full time
Categories: TaxApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 135 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly and vibrant graduate with at least 2 years of tax experience to join our tax team. As a part of our experienced associates’ team, you may be required to specialise in one tax area or work across a combination of taxes depending upon your preference and resource requirements of the firm. This will provide you an opportunity to develop your career towards being a rounded business advisor. After gaining a broad knowledge in different areas in tax, you may then choose to specialise in one area of tax as you develop towards manager grade.
As a Tax Senior Associate, your responsibilities include:
- preparing individual, corporate and GST tax returns as the case may be
- providing support to the team on transfer pricing matters
- providing support to clients on IRAS enquiries and audits
- providing support to the team on tax advisory matters
- managing and building client relationships by being a rounded business advisor
- supporting and coaching interns
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree and/or relevant professional qualification
- At least 2 years tax experience and currently employed at an Associate level with a major accounting firm
- Preferably a member of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP), or processing an accreditation by SCTP and/or an SCTP accreditation would be an added advantage
- Ability to prioritise work allocated and to multitask
- An eye for detail and be highly organised
- Singapore residency and be able to work in Singapore
- Strong skills in written and oral English
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Please complete the Job Application Form [ 754 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
Advertised: 29 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Dec 2021 Singapore Standard Time