Job type: Full time
Categories: Support services
Job ID: 27 (Risk Management Senior Associate) / 28 (Risk Management Assistant Manager)
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Risk & Quality (“R&Q”) Team. The R&Q Team disseminates timely and relevant information on developments in legislation and regulations and executes initiatives to manage our risks in a challenging environment.
We are currently looking for a Risk Management Senior Associate / Assistant Manager to join our team.
The role will be focused on supporting the Firmwide Risk Management function and will report to the Risk Management Director. The responsibilities are varied and below are some of the core responsibilities:
- Implement global policies and develop/align local policies and guidance in the areas of risk management
- Lead and roll-out various risk and quality–related initiatives
- Develop and/or update practice aids and tools to assist practitioners in their service delivery to external clients
- Assist in developing and delivering grade and time-appropriate training
- Understand the necessity of complying with Grant Thornton global risk management requirements and administer the processes required to maintain compliance
- Provide advice to engagement teams as a risk consultant with regard to internal policy and procedures, external regulations (including the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) regulations, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing), and contractual matters
- Provide assistance to engagement teams on day-to-day background checks
- Assist with regular risk compliance monitoring, activities and reporting
- Lead and roll-out various data protection related initiatives
- Assist in investigating data incidents
- Support annual reviews of data protection policies and procedures by external reviewers
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in risk management preferably in an accounting firm, or as a practitioner in an accounting firm
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Mentally agile to cope with complexity
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distil complex concepts into simple terms
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess the confidence and maturity to deal with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to accommodate organizational changes in processes, structures, decisions and be persistent in the face of continuous challenges and resistance
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent team player
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 27 (for the Senior Associate role) or 28 (for the Assistant Manager role) in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes each individual unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace. So, no matter where you’re from, we invite you to discover more about us.
Applications for this position are now closed