Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/Restructuring & insolvency
Job ID: 73
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Restructuring and Insolvency team
Our restructuring and insolvency team works closely with industry professionals, companies and their stakeholders to identify and resolve issues affecting profitability, protect enterprise value and facilitate a full recovery where possible.
The team is made up of young and friendly professionals bringing about an easy-going culture. While projects are often performed in a pressurised environment, the team works collaboratively and supportively across all levels to be able to deliver their best. The leaders in the team are hands-on, guiding and teaching junior members to navigate situations and stakeholders that may be difficult or tricky. Each individual has the space to grow in their own way and to discover what is best for them.
- Executing day to day issues on restructuring and insolvency engagements assignments (being, amongst others, liquidation, receivership, judicial management, scheme of arrangement, monitoring / exceptional accountant, debt restructuring and personal insolvency work)
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Liaising with stakeholders, creditors and other advisors
- Preparing draft correspondence, draft reports and draft presentations
- Reconstructing (complex) accounting records, from incomplete information
- Undertaking investigative work for the benefit of recovering assets for the insolvent estate
- Participating in client meetings
- Assisting seniors with the company analysis, including financial modelling where necessary and assisting in department networking and marketing activities
- For insolvency work, attending to statutory and compliance matters
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field from a recognised university
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience is preferred
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 73 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 2 hours for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.
Applications for this position are now closed