Job type: Internship
Categories: Advisory/Internal audit /Business risk
Job ID: 79
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of over 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Business Risk team
Our team helps organisations tackle issues around governance, risk, and controls so that they can make strategic and risk-informed decisions. We support financial institutions and other businesses by conducting internal audits, assessing the effectiveness of their internal audit teams, reviewing internal controls, advising on regulatory compliance, and improving governance through enterprise risk management.
At the heart of our young and dynamic team is a growth mindset. The non-silo culture allows our team to openly bring up questions and ideas to the leaders. In turn, our leaders are dedicated to helping our team nurture their skills and grow in their careers. During peak periods, our team work closely together and support one another to bring value to clients in a timely manner. The team primarily works with clients in the financial services industry and projects may entail cross-border collaboration with other GT member firms and international travel.
- assisting the team members to perform simple parts/ tasks relating to internal audit/ internal control/ risk management, etc
- supporting work on engagements together with the team
- completing other administrative tasks as assigned
Qualifications & requirements
- Pursuing in bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
- Must be able to complete at least 3 months
- Able to work independently, be highly motivated and a team player
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Effective report writing skills
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethics
- Strong analytical, well developed interpersonal and communication skills
We welcome applications for any internship periods including winter and summer internship periods.
- Winter internships: Sep/Dec – Dec/Jan
- Summer internships: May - Jul/Aug
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 79 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.