Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/Internal audit /Financial servicesApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 135 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing, and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
We are seeking candidates with some relevant experience in internal audit for the financial services industry to join our team.
As an Internal Audit (Financial Services) Associate/Consultant, your responsibilities include:
- supporting the management team in building and maintaining relationships with clients
- assisting in the planning, execution and delivery of clients’ projects
- supporting the audit planning and conducting research on client background and key risks, including the applicable MAS regulations
- assisting with the developing and defining of the scope of review, proposing tailored audit work program and audit time schedules
- coordinating with client on kick-off meetings and closing meetings and other necessary planning activities
- assisting with walk-through interviews with key stakeholders/ senior management and perform testing of complex/ non-routine audit areas, including the development and completion of work programs
- assisting in the preparation of the draft and final written reports covering the audit findings (control issues/ gaps) and proposing corrective action plans, including industry best practices, to the management, as well as in the wrap up audit work files, and closure of the engagement
Qualifications and requirements
- Recognised Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields
- At least 1-2 complete years of relevant experience gained in an internal audit position in a commercial environment, or in a big public accounting firm
- Some knowledge of the Financial Services industry would be required (ie banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management, insurance and payment services)
- Professional qualification (CPA, CA, CIA) is highly preferred
- Drive and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients to help grow the practice, including supporting the preparation of proposals and business development materials
- Able to work independently, be highly motivated and a team player
- Fluent in English, possess good oral and written presentation skills
- Strong analytical, well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Data analytics skills will be an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles and work ethics
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignments
Why Join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Gain an understanding of the organisation’s objective, regulatory and risk management environment and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders
- Get a great variety of work, autonomy, client contact and direct Partner/Director/Manager/Senior interaction and coaching
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Advertised: 24 Sep 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time