Job type: Contract
Categories: Human resources
Job ID: 100
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
As an Assistant Manager within the HR Operations function, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Be a partner and work closely with the various service lines to provide relevant advice on HR issues and support critical initiatives
- Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle – onboarding, Induction, Confirmation, Performance Review, and offboarding
- Review employment-related letters, including employment contracts, confirmation letters, resignation acceptance letters, termination letters, increment letters, bonus letters, etc
- Review and evaluate all foreign work pass-related transactions (i.e., new applications, renewals, cancellations)
- Review and ensure all grant applications and government or non-government surveys are submitted promptly
- Prepare payroll-related reports and other ad-hoc reports as requested by the H.O.D.
- Conducts periodic checks on accuracy and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors
- Be a sounding board, advisor, and coach to junior team members
- Support H.O.D. in dealing with grievances and disciplinary issues
- Monitor and advise employees and team members on adherence to HR policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Assist the H.O.D. with the planning and execution of employee relocation, which includes developing policies and procedures, managing budgets, coordinating with vendors, and providing support and guidance to employees and their families throughout the process
- Assist the HOD in periodically reviewing and updating various HR policies, guides, processes, and procedures
- Assist the H.O.D. in conducting compensation and benefits benchmarking
- Stay updated with statutory and compliance requirements to align HR processes
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Work closely with the H.O.D. to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR services
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties assigned by the H.O.D.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration/Management, or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably from a professional firm environment
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Proficiency in HR software and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 100 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.
Applications for this position are now closed