Job type: Internship
Categories: Financial Reporting AdvisoryApply for this position
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 60,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The FRAS team
The team helps businesses with their financial reporting and accounting needs in all areas of the business lifecycle. The team works across a wide range of industries, to advise clients on matters such as interpretation and implementation of standards, preparation and consolidation of financial statements, and for accounting for business transactions.
Working together towards this objective, the dynamic team has a collaborative culture with supportive leaders. The open and encouraging culture places great focus on the growth of its people and the leaders of team are always accessible and ready to support the team.
- Assisting your colleagues in the execution of accounting advisory projects. This includes performing research and proposing solutions on technical accounting issues, preparing draft reports and financial statements.
- Applying critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- Working closely with partners, director and managers staff on client management and practice development.
Qualifications and requirements
- Currently pursing in Accounting or Finance and completed qualification for Singapore CA or international equivalent
- Must be able to complete at least 3 months
- Knowledge of accounting standards and financial concepts
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, XERO accounting software and report writing software
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
We welcome applications for any internship periods including winter and summer internship periods.
- Winter internships: Sep/Dec – Dec/Jan
- Summer internships: May - Jul/Aug
Please complete the Internship Job Application Form [ 756 kb ] and send it with your resume and latest academic transcripts to email@example.com, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.
Advertised: 12 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 30 Nov 2022 Singapore Standard Time