Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/Forensic servicesApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 135 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
GTS employs forensically sound methods to gather and preserve evidence and assist clients to establish facts to respond to allegations of fraud, bribery, misconducts as well as inquiries posed by regulators and/or authorities. We provide an integrated approach in assisting clients to address their concerns, encompassing initial evidence gathering or early case assessment, a phased approach in investigation process and provision of fact-based reports, or the delivery of expert evidence. Where required, we can bring in support from our asset recovery teams.
We also advise clients in setting up a robust programme and framework to prevent and detect fraud and bribery as we provide tailored recommendations to suit their business landscapes.
We are looking for high calibre Associates to be part of our fast growing and dynamic Forensic Advisory Team.
- Work on engagements related to fact-based investigation, dispute and litigation support, corporate compliance (e.g., anti-bribery and anti-corruption framework review).
- Conduct research and analyses for fact-based investigation to uncover evidence surrounding financial irregularities and/or fraudulent transactions. The analyses would involve assessment of books and records, examination of transactional documents and other relevant documentation.
- Conduct corporate intelligence and background searches on relevant entities to identify business profile and potential relationships.
- Conduct research on relevant international standards, laws, and regulations in connection with the subject matters of the engagement.
- Prepare working papers detailing work performed and client deliverables.
- Review working papers prepared by junior staff.
- Coach staff and contribute to the knowledge sharing culture of the team.
- Meet mandatory compliance, learning and other professional requirements
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent; CPA, CA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Completed or substantially completed a relevant professional accountancy or other financial qualification (eg CFE, FFP, etc)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to analyse data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with others, creating a positive team environment
- Minimum 1 - 4 years of progressive work experience
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
Advertised: 25 Aug 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time