Job type: Full time
Job ID: 110
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of 73,000 people in 149 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly – and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries to create change in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Forensic team
A rapidly growing team which delivers a range of services, including digital forensic and incident response capabilities, for a wide variety of clients. The Forensic Advisory team members share their extensive experience in supporting one another in a dynamic environment. The team is constantly innovating and drawing on the very latest industry leading technologies.
As a Senior Associate, you will play a pivotal role in providing digital forensic expertise across a wide range of engagements. You’ll be a key member of the incident response team, assisting clients with building a clear picture of malicious activities inside their environment, deploying specialist containment technologies and helping them get back to business as usual. You’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside industry-recognised specialists in computer forensics, incident response, threat intelligence, information governance and electronic disclosure.
You will work closely with your team to:
- Preserve data in a forensically robust manner from a variety of sources, such as physical endpoints and Cloud-based platforms
- Perform in-depth technical analysis, helping clients to understand what happened during a cyber incident, breach or investigation
- Assist in producing high-quality output in a variety of formats, from daily update slides to technical investigation reports
- Research trending threats, risks and vulnerabilities to develop bespoke methodologies for detection and investigation
- Automate tasks through programming or scripting
- Assist in evolving and developing processes to increase efficiency
- Meet mandatory compliance, learning and other professional requirements
Qualifications and requirements:
- Possess a degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) subject
- Strong IT background with at least 2 to 3 years professional experience, preferably in digital forensics, incident response or cyber security
- Previous participation in professional training and/or qualifications (e.g. SANS/GIAC) is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cyber threat landscape and associated frameworks
- Expertise in the forensic preservation of data
- Proven knowledge of commercial and open-source digital forensic analysis tools
- Analytical skills with an organized approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
In this role, you will work with a full-fledged Incident Response team across the traditional working week. However, there will be instances (mainly during the initial response to a cyber incident) when it’s an “all hands on deck” approach where overtime, working outside traditional working hours and deployment on weekends is expected. Given the nature of this role, this should come as no surprise, but importantly, you can expect to work on some of the most intriguing and relevant jobs within this sector.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 110 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.