Job type: Full time
Categories: Corporate and business taxApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of 58,000 people in over 135 countries. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in a team where inclusivity and collaboration are key. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join us, as we are rapidly growing and no two days are the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations in Singapore, across the region and around the world.
We are looking for an individual specialising in corporate tax to join our Singapore corporate tax team to lead on corporate income tax compliance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- managing the portfolio of corporate tax compliance clients
- providing clear updates to the leaders in the team
- proactively reviewing and continuously improving the process
- identifying tax planning opportunities
- providing technical training
- mentoring and people manage Senior Associates and Assistant Managers.
Qualifications and requirements
- Recognised Degree and/or relevant Professional Qualification
- Member of the SIATP (Level 2 Corporate Tax)
- Preferably a member of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) or processing an accreditation by SCTP and/or an SCTP accreditation would be an added advantage
- Able to lead a team and have a strong understanding of corporate tax issues in a rapidly changing environment
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the specialist area
- Strong skills in written and oral English
- Communicate with impact, knowledge, and a strong understanding of a client’s needs
Why join Grant Thornton Singapore?
- Competitive remuneration provided
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Your value and knowledge counts
- Get opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team.
Advertised: 07 Sep 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time