Job type: Tax
Categories: Tax/Corporate and business tax
Job ID: 51
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 73,000 people in over 140 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Tax team supports organisations at every stage of the lifecycle – from structuring business tax effectively and managing any employment tax issues to transactional tax obligations and compliance. The team helps businesses develop strategies that help businesses understand and manage tax liabilities and risk in a transparent and ethical way.
The friendly and supportive tax team works collaboratively across various four main specialties – corporate tax, goods and services tax (GST), transfer pricing, and employer solutions and private clients. The team openly communicates at all levels, giving the support and guidance to develop as individuals and use their voice to shape the future of the team.
We are looking for an assistant manager, specialising in corporate tax to join our Singapore Corporate tax team to lead on corporate income tax compliance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate tax compliance clients
- Work on tax advisory engagements
- Provide clear updates to the leaders in the team
- Review and improve the process
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Provide technical training, and
- Mentor and manage junior tax staff including Associates and Senior Associates
Qualifications and requirements
- Preferably possess any recognised degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification in accounting and/or relevant Professional Qualification
- At least 3 years of relevant corporate tax working experience
- Attained / Attaining Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) Level 2 Corporate Tax accreditation would be an added advantage
- Leading a team and have strong understanding of corporate tax issues
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with a commitment to understand client requirements
- Good writing and communication skills with good knowledge on Microsoft office
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 51 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes our employees unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to discover more about us.