Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/Internal audit /Business risk /Financial services
Job ID: 97
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 68,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Business Risk team
Our team helps organisations tackle issues around governance, risk, and controls so that they can make strategic and risk-informed decisions. We support financial institutions and other businesses by conducting internal audits, assessing the effectiveness of their internal audit teams, reviewing internal controls, advising on regulatory compliance, and improving governance through enterprise risk management.
At the heart of our young and dynamic team is a growth mindset. The non-silo culture allows our team to openly bring up questions and ideas to the leaders. In turn, our leaders are dedicated to helping our team nurture their skills and grow in their careers. During peak periods, our team work closely together and support one another to bring value to clients in a timely manner. The team primarily works with clients in the financial services industry and projects may entail cross-border collaboration with other GT member firms and international travel.
As a Business Risk manager, you will be a key important member of the team, committed to support the management team in developing and growing the business risk services practice, and help to build and maintain relationships with clients and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients. You will be responsible for organising and overseeing the various types of projects including internal audits, risk management and regulatory compliance projects and manage a team of senior and junior consultants. In addition, you will be supporting the growth of the department through some business development work. This role offers a great variety of work, autonomy, client contact and Partners’ direct interaction and coaching to the seniors and junior staff.
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and determine the scope of review, in conjunction with the clients’ senior management
- Plan the engagement/ audit approach and prepare the work program and oversee the delivery of the engagement/ audit from planning to completion, including performance of review of the team members’ work
- Actively participate in issues discussion with client key stakeholders and seek to understand the broader impact of the issues/gaps identified in the engagements/ audit reviews
- Prepare the draft and final written reports covering the audit findings (control issues/gaps) and propose corrective action plans including obtaining agreed actions plans from management
- Listen to client needs and apply collaborative critical thinking to solve complex client problems and lead clients’ presentations with senior managements
- Coach, mentor and train staff and assist in the management of the overall engagement including plans, budgets and schedules
- Develop clients’ portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leaderships activities
Qualifications and requirements
- Recognized Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
- At least 5 – 7 years of relevant professional experience gained in internal audit, or risk/compliance in commercial or in a big public accounting firm
- Professional qualification (CPA, CA, CIA) is highly preferred
- Demonstrated good industry knowledge in financial services/banking, oil and gas, and others
- Proven knowledge of internal audit standards (IIA) and good understanding of processes, risks and controls
- Knowledge in data analytical tools, IT general and application controls is desirable
- Flexible mindset, with a creative approach and ability to think out-of-the-box
- Process-minded, organized, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, be highly motivated and a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, Mandarin, both oral and written
- Excellent client management and communications skills
- Experience working under high pressure and in a fast pace environment
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignments
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please complete the Job Application Form and indicate 97 in the Job ID field. An email will be sent to you within 10-15 minutes for you to submit your CV/resume.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes each individual unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace. So, no matter where you are from, we invite you to discover more about us.