The relentless pace of globalisation combined with global volatility means that employee mobility plays an increasing role in business strategy and talent development. To succeed, your business must be able to move people cross-border, capitalising on opportunities while managing the associated costs and risks.
Our Global Mobility Services team works with a range of dynamic businesses, from those going global for the first time to companies with established expatriate programmes.
Our approach makes a world of difference
- We have true global scale, deep technical capabilities and extensive industry expertise but what makes us different is how we work with you. We pride ourselves in adopting a relationship-led approach which gives you direct access to our most senior advisors. We are big enough to take on the most complex and specialist work but small enough to be flexible, agile and responsive.
- Drawing on the knowledge and insights of our global network of mobility professionals, we will work with you to deliver insightful solutions that deliver tax efficiencies, ensure global compliance and manage costs.
We provide support for you and your people throughout the assignment lifecycle:
DirectorContact our expert
- Strategic assignment planning and structuring
- Assignment policy development and review
- Budgeting and cost management
- Coordination of global compliance and advisory services
- Global compensation, pension and benefit advisory services
- Payroll services
- Advice on short/long term incentive plans and pension arrangements
- Business traveller, commuter and rotator advisory and technology solutions
- Structuring and advising on regional roles and remote employees based overseas
- Tax compliance and advisory services
- Arrival and departure briefings and compliance
- Tax return preparation and consultation services
- Assistance with assessments, audits and notices
- Tax equalisation and protection reconciliation
- Tax exemption claims
- Knowledge of the overall impact of the assignment on personal tax affairs
If you are looking to implement a LTIP, want to understand the reporting and tax implications of your LTIP or assistance with the ongoing compliance, Grant Thornton Singapore can support you.
We can guide you through the tax implications of Stock Options, Restricted Shares, Restricted Stock Units, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, phantom plans (such as Stock Appreciation Rights) both in Singapore and overseas. Our assistance includes:
- Guiding you through different LTIPs
- Assistance with the implementation of LTIPs
- Tax and Social Security and compliance advice
- Assisting with tax aspects of the documentation
- Assistance with tax and social security compliance