- Press releases
- Asia Pacific feels the impact of BEPS
- Strategic dilemmas in insurance
- Grant Thornton Singapore launches technology risk and cyber security advisory services with new partner hire
- Singapore ranks 1st in the world in Grant Thornton’s Global Dynamism Index
- Singapore, Israel, Australia top business growth environment index
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Paul Raleigh named global leader for growth and advisory services
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
- M&A activity strengthening
- Hotels 2020
- 2014 2014
- 2018 2018
- 2019 2019
- 2020 2020
- 2021 2021
UNICEF donation reaches $250,000
Grant Thornton this week donated US$60,000 to UNICEF, the leading childrenâ€™s organisation, as part of its ongoing partnership through the International Business Report (IBR). This takes the total donation made through the project over the past six years to over US$250,000.
Red tape threatens to obstruct globalisation
New research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveals that the number one barrier to international expansion reported by businesses globally is legislation and regulations.
Private equity firms to ‘go global’
• Indonesia, Peru, Colombia and Turkey top list of new “high growth” markets where private equity is likely to see the most opportunities • Deal activity expected to slow in China and India • Foreign trade buyers seen as most likely exit route, notably those from Japan, China and Korea
Grant Thornton expands in Dominican Republic
Grant Thornton has announced the appointment of a new member firm in the Dominican Republic, called Barreto & Associates LLC. Appointed on 1 November 2012, the firm will trade as Grant Thornton Dominicana and replaces the former member firm which left the global organisation in August.
Business support for fiscal measures
Business optimism fell sharply across the globe in the third quarter of 2012, according to the latest Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR). Despite attempts to encourage investment, the majority of businesses say that they will maintain or increase their cash reserves “ building on the $4trillion of cash already sitting on company balance sheets.
Grant Thornton Tajikistan merger
Grant Thornton Tajikistan has merged with leading local audit firm, Esho Audit LLC. The merger took effect officially from 24 August 2012. The firm will operate from two offices based in the capital city, Dushanbe. The combined firm will have three partners and 30 staff, led by Gurgen Hakobyan and will continue to operate as Grant Thornton Tajikistan.
How to improve the auditor's report
Grant Thornton supports the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) draft document to improve the auditors report, and suggests additional emphasis on certain key issues.
New firms in Gabon, Ivory Coast and Togo
Grant Thornton has announced the appointment of three new member firms in Francophone Africa: Gabon, Ivory Coast and Togo, who joined the global network from 1 October 2012 and will be operating as Grant Thornton in their respective countries.
Grant Thornton support for illustrators
The Association of Illustrators (AOI) presents Images 36: Best of British Illustration, an exhibition that features the winning work of over 50 artists from the length and breadth of the UK, who entered the AOIâ€™s annual flagship competition, images.
Best business growth environments unmasked
Growing businesses would be wrong to overlook developed economies in favour of emerging economies, according to the new Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index (GDI). The index reveals that despite facing low growth in the short-term, many developed economies still offer businesses favourable conditions for future growth.