Partner - Tax
Eng Min heads up the Corporate Tax Compliance service line of the practice. She also provides domestic and international corporate advice to a broad range of multinational clients from a whole host of industries. She brings with her more than 20 years of expertise in Singapore and international tax planning, and has been actively involved in many projects involving investments into, through and from Singapore to help clients manage their businesses in a tax efficient and holistic manner.
Eng Min joined Grant Thornton as a tax director in February 2015. She was previously a tax lecturer at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and began her career in professional practice with a big four accounting firm in Singapore in 2000.
- Assisted corporates with corporate tax planning locally and internationally to maximise tax efficiencies
- Assisted corporates to review its structure and advise on steps that may be adopted to mitigate any tax exposures
- Assisted corporates with the review of agreements to advise on the Singapore tax implications, if any, arising therefrom.
- Assisted corporates to apply to the IRAS for advanced rulings on corporate tax and/or withholding tax treatment
- Assisted corporates to voluntarily disclose errors / negligence to the IRAS
- Reviewed corporate tax matters for due diligence purposes
- Applied for local tax incentives
Tax compliance and dealing with the Singapore Revenue’s queries
- Prepared and filed income tax returns and tax computations for corporates from a wide range of industries such as a fund management companies, investment companies, real estate, construction, shipping, manufacturing and trading companies
- Assisted corporates on tax position to be adopted
- Worked closely with corporates in responding to queries raised by the IRAS
- Prepared and filed and/or advised on the e-filing of withhold tax returns
- Accredited Tax Advisor, Corporate Tax – Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals Limited
- Associate Member, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountant
- Master of Economics (Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) (National University of Singapore)