Belinda has more than 20 years of experience specialising in complex fraud and corruption related investigations, financial statement manipulations, assets misappropriation, accounting issues surrounding Foreign Corruption Practices Act (FCPA), anti-corruption and litigation support engagements. Belinda has led numerous enquiries in Asia Pacific including Greater China where she lived for almost 6 years.
She has been appointed as the accounting expert/witness and provided testimonies to the courts in Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Belinda regularly works alongside legal counsels and other professionals in litigations and dispute resolutions and has written several articles.
Some of Belinda's experience includes:
- Assisting 2 institutional investors in an investigation relating to an infrastructure project in Philippines involving a claim in excess of US$12 billion.
- Assisting the Hong Kong High Court appointed Estate Administrator in managing the estate of one of Asia’s richest individuals’ assets in excess of US$4 billion. The work included initiating recovery actions, asset recovery and tracing in more than 40 jurisdictions involving real estate, securities, and other tangible assets.
- Preparing an expert report for a potential claim of US$25 million relating to shareholder’s dispute in a chemical manufacturing entity in Malaysia.
- Assisting a private equity firm in conducting factual investigation into the affairs of its investee, one of the largest manufacturers of rubber products in Malaysia. The investigation uncovered reasons for the declining gross profit margin, questionable prior years adjustments in financial statements, lapses in inventory management process and unusual activities/transactions undertaken by the investee. These findings were used to support the client’s legal proceedings.
- Carrying out numerous enquiries in the pharmaceutical sector in China and ASEAN region involving suspected payments to HCPs through expense fraud, speaker fees, distributor incentive schemes, side trips disguised as business events as well as fictitious seminars or trips organized with travel agents.
- Member, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Member, Financial Forensic Professional, ISCA
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Associate member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Advanced Management Program, Harvard Business School
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) – Murdoch University