Job type: Internship
Categories: AssuranceApply for this position
VALUATION INTERN – PART-TIME INTERNSHIP
(2 OR 3 DAYS PER WEEK (THURSDAY & FRIDAY OR THURSDAY, FRIDAY & MONDAY) FOR 6 MONTHS PERIOD)
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 138 countries, we have the scale to meet our client’s changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton network. As part of our business growth, we are looking for high calibre team members to join our fast growing and dynamic business.
Your duties and responsibilities as an intern:
- Perform valuations for businesses, financial instruments, tangible and intangible assets for mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, dispute resolution, financial reporting, restructuring, and financial advisory
- Construct and analyse financial models
- Perform market and industry research
- Assist in pitching for new projects, including preparation and presentation of proposals
- Prepare valuation reports
Qualifications and requirements
- Penultimate or final year student persuing an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or another related discipline
- Able to commit 2 or 3 days a week for a 6-month period starting from September 2021 to January 2022
- Strong grasp of finance and business valuation concepts
- Familiarity with financial reporting standards will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the S&P Capital IQ platform will be a strong advantage
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Familiarity with VBA macros in Microsoft Excel will be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent time management skills; able to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Singapore residency and be able to work in Singapore
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 138-member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Advertised: 23 Aug 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time