Job type: Full time
Categories: Business risk servicesApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 138 countries, we have the scale to meet our clients’ changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS, as we are rapidly growing, with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
This is a new headcount as part of the business expansion plan for the Business Risk Services (BRS) team. As an Information Technology (IT) Internal Audit Senior Associate of the BRS team, you will be a key member committed to support the management team in developing and growing the BRS practice as well as in building and maintaining valued relationships with our clients. You will assist in all aspects of the audit life cycle from audit planning, execution, reporting to performing follow-up on a wide range of IT audits. You will also play a critical role in the successful delivery of services to our clients. This role offers a great variety of work, autonomy, Partner/ Manager direct interaction and on-going coaching.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the team lead in the IT and technology risk space to drive business development and opportunities and perform the full audit cycle, from audit planning (including coordinate and liaise with client for kick-off meeting and planning activities such as risks assessment, curating scope of review, develop audit work program, etc.) to risk management and management of controls’ effectiveness and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Lead and execute fieldwork including conducting interviews with key stakeholders/ senior management to document the processes and perform testing of complex/ non-routine IT audit areas
- Provide guidance/ coaching to junior team member(s), including reviewing work of junior team member(s) for quality assurance, monitoring of fieldwork progress and budget, scheduling closing meeting with client and preparing for closing meeting
- Lead discussions and closing meetings, presenting audit findings and proposed corrective action plans to key stakeholders/ senior management
- Assist in the preparation of draft and final written reports covering the audit findings and proposed correction action plans to key stakeholders/ senior management and final wrap up of audit files and closure of the project
- Keep abreast MAS regulations on IT related guidelines and cyber hygiene in relation to financial institutions and their respective financial services licenses
- Build and maintain relationship with clients to grow the practice through the support of proposal preparation and business development activities
Qualifications and requirements
- Recognised bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or other related field/ discipline
- At least 3 complete years of experience working as internal technology auditor in a big public accounting firm, professional firm or within industry/ commercial
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge application of complex information systems
- Significant experience in performing IT general and application controls review, cybersecurity review, and ERP security and controls review (i.e., SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of the MAS regulations on IT related guidelines and requirements, i.e., third party risk management, outsourcing, cyber hygiene, and PDPA
- Ability to use current technology tools (i.e., Power BI, Tableau, or IDEAs) and data analytics (i.e., ACL, SQL) to enhance fieldwork execution and final deliverables and presentation
- Professional qualification (CISA, CIA) is highly preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and good work ethics
- Strong analytical, organisational and project management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to travel on overseas engagements
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 138-member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Advertised: 23 Aug 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Dec 2021 Singapore Standard Time