With more goods and services crossing national borders than ever before, you may be facing indirect tax obligations in many countries – even those where your customer is located.
Grant Thornton’s tax teams take a rigorous approach to helping you meet these obligations, whatever challenges you may face along the way. Using our finely tuned local knowledge, teams from our global organisation of member firms help you understand and comply with often complex and time-consuming regulations.
You may need to pay particular attention to indirect taxes if you’re doing business in an area that already has high rates of these taxes. On a global level, rates of indirect taxes are on the increase in countries that already impose these taxes. Countries without a zero base rate may also see indirect taxes as a means of raising revenue.
One thing that all indirect taxes do have in common is that they are transaction-based. That means you need to consider them at an early stage to avoid unexpected liabilities and unnecessary costs.
Grant Thornton can help with:
- identifying where transactions are taxed
- registration of local indirect tax in countries where taxable transactions are undertaken
- tax-efficient planning for transactions
- preparation and submitting indirect tax returns
We can also help you with the following:
- GST Compliance
- GST advisory (structuring projects/ supply chain analysis/ liability and special scheme reviews/ transaction advisory services/ advance rulings with local tax authorities etc...)
- Assisted self-help kit (ASK) reviews
- Assisted Compliance Assurance Programme (ACAP) reviews
- A range of independent GST system reviews, ranging from tax code determination to a full end-to-end GST process review.
International indirect tax guide
If you would like more detailed information for your region, our international indirect tax guide provides an overview of tax systems in key countries and how you can get further support from Grant Thornton.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about how we can help, contact our tax services experts.