Lorraine has more than 30 years of experience advising on indirect taxes in the UK, Malaysia and Singapore. She moved to Singapore in January 2016 to lead indirect tax services and supply chain services.
Her particular focus includes:
- advising on risk management
- supply change management
- business transformation
- all forms of business buy/sale transactions
- complex land and property transactions.
Lorraine initially relocated to Asia in 2014 to lead Grant Thornton’s Malaysian GST team. She assisted numerous clients, many of them large, listed international businesses, in preparing for the implementation of GST and provided post implementation support.
Prior to moving to Asia Lorraine served as Head of Indirect Tax for Grant Thornton UK and as Head of Tax, UK, and Global Head of Tax for one of the world’s major accounting networks.
Lorraine is a regular speaker at conferences throughout the world, contributes to many webinars that can been accessed online and is an author of books. She also serves on a panel that briefs The Lord Mayor of London on tax issues that affect commerce between London, the UK and other countries around the world. In particular, she has focused on the Middles East and on Asia Pacific in recent years.
- CTA, Member of Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Member of The Worshipful Company of Tax Advisers
- Freeman of the City of London
- Member of the VAT Practitioners Group