Tax Senior Manager
Kathryn is a Senior Manager within the firm’s corporate tax service line. Kathryn joined Grant Thornton Singapore in May 2018 from the Grant Thornton Australia offices. She was previously a Tax Manager in the Sydney office, with extensive experience in Australian tax law. She provides quality technical service that focuses on achieving commercial outcomes for her clients, and ensuring outstanding client engagement and communication.
Kathryn has had extensive tax due diligence experience across a number of industry areas and have advised clients on their international structuring of acquisitions and divestments. Kathryn’s previous clients have been both domestic corporations and corporations that are part of larger multinational groups, which have related parties in countries such as Australia, Singapore, the US and the UK.
During her time in Singapore, she has been involved in advising the tax implications of funds, from its initial fund establishment stage to their ongoing tax compliance requirements. This includes advising clients on the Singapore tax incentive schemes. Her clients have included hedge funds, venture capital, debt structuring, including those keen to take advantage of the newer Singapore Variable Capital Company structure.
Kathryn has also been involved in liaising with the Australian Taxation Office and the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore on behalf of clients on a range of tax investigations, comprehensive risk reviews and audits.
Examples of Kathryn's work include:
- Advised on the incorporation of Singapore funds, including assessing the advantages and disadvantages of the applicable Singapore tax incentives
- Advised a company which invests in the mining industry on the tax implications of its income and whether it is local or foreign sourced income
- Assisted on the sale transaction of a privately owned entity to a private equity firm, including advising on scrip-for-scrip rollover provisions and post-acquisition structuring.
- Advised a Chinese conglomerate on a proposed acquisition in the Agribusiness industry.
- Advised an international retail company on their potential permanent establishment risk.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance and Bachelor of Arts