We help clients to identify, understand, and effectively manage their risks to strengthen resilience and strike an appropriate balance between risk and opportunity
In today’s fast changing risk and regulatory landscape, it is imperative that organisations adapt to changes and make risk-informed strategic choices. At Grant Thornton Singapore, we offer a wide range of services to help clients navigate the increasingly complex risk environment and changing regulatory landscape by helping them to identify, understand and effectively manage their risks across the organisation.
We also offer an integrated team, bringing in resources and support from our global network, where required, to bring clients the optimal team with comprehensive skills and industry depth to promote effective and efficient program execution while innovating delivery through the deployment of data analytics and relevant tools.
Our clients choose Grant Thornton because:
- We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to working with our clients’ internal teams, their wider stakeholders and external parties, as required.
- We are able to leverage on the knowledge, skillsets and expertise of our global member firms’ network which consists of more than 56,000 professionals in 140 countries.
- Our team comprises experienced professionals with relevant and notable experience in both financial and non-financial services industries who have market leading experience in assisting organisations on regulatory requirements and remediation, manage risks and improve performance while delivering high quality results.
Our full suite of solutions
Our dedicated team offers specialist solutions in the following areas:
- Internal audit (Outsource): We provide tailored, flexible and cost-effective solutions, providing access to industry best practices, value-adding insights and subject matter resources. We help clients to perform risk assessments, develop internal audit plans and perform end-to-end internal audit activities from planning, execution to reporting, including reporting of results to management and the audit and risk committee.
- Internal audit (Co-source): We understand that each organisation is unique and has different resource requirements. With the flexibility of modelling our approach around your business, our co-sourcing solution helps organisations in need to fill a specific skill gap or require a resource subject matter specialist to provide the necessary skills and experience to carry out internal audit work while training in-house internal audit staff.
- Staff augmentation/ Resource solutions: We provide organisations with short to medium term interim solutions and support to address their staffing challenges – whether it’s internal audit, compliance and/or risk management functions, we have the right people for the job.
- Internal audit quality assessment reviews (QAR): We assist organisations to assess the effectiveness of their internal audit function/ department in providing assurance to the senior management, aligning with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (“IIA Standards”) and benchmarking against industry leading practices.
- Internal controls assessment/ compliance: Robust internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programs are a sound business practice for organisations. We partner and collaborate with process owners and stakeholders to help navigate these environments, to evaluate control deficiencies and co-develop appropriate work plans and recommendations to build a more robust control environment.
- Regulatory compliance advisory: We provide in-depth technical knowledge on emerging regulations and help financial institutions improve and enhance efficiencies by performing remediation to correct gaps identified from their regulatory audits on processes relating to such as client onboarding/ due diligence, transaction monitoring and outsourcing. We also assist in developing policies and procedures as well as implement compliance programmes for organisation’s ongoing monitoring.
- Enterprise risk management (ERM): A robust ERM framework will be able to drive corporate governance while the business scale to greater heights. We help organisations develop policies, framework and risk appetite statements covering key risks and corresponding controls across the organisation, allowing the risks to be managed and monitored effectively.