Partner - Tax
Munjal heads up the firm’s transfer pricing service line. He advises a portfolio of Multinational Companies, both big and small, from virtually all industry sectors, on every aspect of transfer pricing that might affect them. This goes from assisting in the initial design of business models, through the setting of pricing policies, preparation of defence documentation, dispute and litigation assistance, to negotiating Advance Pricing Agreements and Mutual Agreement Procedures. He has particular experience though, advising clients in the Telecoms, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Industrial products, Chemicals, Media & Entertainment, and Technology sectors.
Munjal is a qualified Chartered Accountant from India with many years of experience in the accounting and consulting world, primarily in transfer pricing. He joined the Grant Thornton family initially, in Mumbai, India in 2017 after 20 years of big four accounting firm experience, and joined Grant Thornton Singapore earlier this year to take up his current role.
Munjal has authored numerous articles that have been published in leading tax journals and in business newspapers. Read them here:
- Assisted corporates review and align their business models from a BEPs exposure perspective
- Assisted corporates with the Master File and CBCR compliances
APA and MAP
- Assisted corporates obtain unilateral and bi lateral APAs including strategizing APA approach, preparation of APA applications, negotiations with regulatory authorities and finalization of the APA.
- Assisted corporates with post APA compliances
Transfer pricing advisory
- Assisted corporates design operating structures for their cross-border transactions
- Assisted corporates design pricing policies for inter-company transactions undertaken between affiliates
- Assisted corporates reorganize their operating models from a profit optimization perspective
- Assisted corporates set up pricing policies for their inter-company funding and guarantee arrangements
- Assisted corporates design tax efficient supply chains for organization from a tax and transfer pricing perspective
Compliance and litigation
- Assisted Corporates with their local as well as global documentation studies
- Assisting corporates on assessments, appeals and tax court processes
- - Chartered Accountant – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bombay University