Job type: Tax
Categories: TaxApply for this position
Tax Senior Manager – Fund management
GTS is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 53,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet our clients’ changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
At Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS), you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS, as we are rapidly growing, with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly, and vibrant individual who is looking for a new challenge within that environment, and who has significant corporate tax experience with a particular focus on the fund management industry in the Singapore and international arena.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
A successful Senior Tax manager must present solutions to increasingly complex tax technical issues and manage a team working on varied and demanding assignments on a day-to-day basis. They must also posses a clear business development leadership mentality and capability.
A successful candidate for this role must be able to handle the following:
- Identify opportunities for selling to clients and intermediaries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and take an active role in selling services across service lines.
- Seek to participate in business development activities and contribute to sales pitches, for their own team as well as for the wider firm.
- Build a rapport with clients and develop an in-depth understanding of their businesses and expectations.
- Meet client’s demands, keeping them up-to-date on the progress of tax projects or engagements and provide updates on tax technical issues.
- Deal with a wide range of tax technical and business-related issues and client situations.
- Respond to client questions and tax issues in a timely and professional fashion.
- Present high-quality work with minimal input from directors or partners.
- Be responsible for planning client assignments.
- Assist in tax advisory projects for clients
- Act as a first point of contact on tax projects
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly.
- Accurately interpret advice obtained from other specialists and question where appropriate.
- Present solutions to complex tax technical issues.
- Work effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Appraise and mentor junior members of the team by giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and providing development opportunities.
- Manage a team to deliver projects and engagements on a timely basis
- Provide on-the-job training to junior members of the team.
Operations and results
- Manage work processes to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Ensure adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures.
- Ensure bills are raised and collections monitored on a timely basis.
This is a specialist position.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Experience in advising clients in the fund space, including the availability of Singapore tax incentives
- Recognised Degree and/or relevant Professional Qualification in Accounting or Tax law
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant corporate tax compliance and/or advisory experience in the fund management space
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Effective communication skills, and an ability to display a strong knowledge and understanding of clients’ needs in the funds space
- An ability to work under deadlines
- A proven track record in managing, training and motivating people
- A strong leaning towards business development
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Please send your application to email@example.com, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail.
Advertised: 01 Nov 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 01 Feb 2021 Singapore Standard Time