Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/Risk & restructuring
At Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS), you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS as we are rapidly growing with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
GTS is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 138 countries, we have the scale to meet our clients’ changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton is seeking accounting professionals with experience in client-facing forensic assignments and other analytical skills to various client situations. We are looking for energetic, friendly and vibrant individuals who are looking for a new challenge.
As part of an embryonic Singapore Forensic team, you will contribute to the practice growth.
You will support the team of the Singaporean Forensic practice to:
- Perform analysis on the historical and current financial performance of the client to determine the viability of the business and identifying immediate remedies to resuscitate the business;
- Assisting the client in the preparation of cash flow projection and ascertain the validity of the assumptions adopted and liquidity requirements of the client;
- Liaising with various stakeholders of the client in various forms of administration (such as judicial management, liquidation and receivers and managers) including dealing with creditors' queries, recovering and realizing assets and fulfilling the statutory obligations of the administrators;
- Supporting the business development initiatives, including the preparation of proposals and identification of opportunities;
- Understanding the applicable Singapore law on corporate restructuring and insolvency;
- Working closely with Managers and Partners on client management and business development activities.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field, required
- At least 0 to 2 years of experience in client-facing in audit or accountancy, or other relevant experience or consulting offering forensic and investigations services, required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 138-member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Please fill in the and send your resume & latest academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and your name as the subject of the e-mail.
Applications for this position are now closed