Job type: Full time
Categories: Tax/M&A and Buy-outsApply for this position
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their growth potential. Our brand is respected globally as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations, recognised by capital markets, regulators, and international standards-setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 136 countries, we have the scale to meet our client's changing needs and the insight and agility that helps our clients stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS) is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. At GTS, you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS, as we are rapidly growing, with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of building GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and throughout the world.
As part of our expansion plans, we are looking to grow our incredibly Dynamic Tax Practice with intelligent and ambitious people who have a strong interest in helping clients solve their tax and other business problems and are eager to learn and grow with the firm. In particular we are looking for somebody with the requisite skillsets and experience to join our rapidly growing M&A and corporate restructuring tax practice.
- Work within a team of motivated tax professionals to support the firm’s tax due diligence, M&A and tax structuring capabilities.
- Help lead and co-ordinate the tax aspects of M&A projects and consequential post-deal engagements, liaising with colleagues from different areas of the Tax Services group, network firms and Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) group, to deliver a seamless one-stop M&A solution for our clients.
- Provide experience and input into non M&A projects that involve international tax planning, business restructuring and transfer pricing work, as and when required.
- With TAS, help the practice leaders source, develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate client contacts and respond to their M&A and structuring needs.
- Help build Grant Thornton’s Brand for M&A services in Singapore and the region through forging strong lines of communication and co-operation with other member firms.
Indicative experience and qualitative requirements:
- Professional accounting qualification and/or Accredited Tax Advisor/Practitioner (Income Tax) status
- Preferably a member of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) or processing an accreditation by SCTP and/or an SCTP accreditation would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience at manager level or above with an international professional services firm dealing with corporate tax and managing the tax aspects of cross-border tax assignments
- Strong communication skills with high proficiency in written and verbal English a must.
- Natural networking and business development aptitude
- Professionally highly motivated, with a relish for working under tight deadlines in a motivated team
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
If you think you are the right fit for the above position, please contact David Sandison, Practice Leader and Head of Tax of Grant Thornton Singapore email@example.com together with a copy of your resumé.
Advertised: 26 Apr 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 26 May 2021 Singapore Standard Time