Job type: Full time
Categories: AdvisoryApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 138 countries, we have the scale to meet our clients’ changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
At Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS), you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS, as we are rapidly growing, with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
Your key responsibilities
As an Internal Audit Associate / Consultant, you will be a key member of the team, committed to support the management team in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You will be provided with the opportunity to gain understanding of the organisation’s objective, regulatory and risk management environment and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. You will assist in the planning, execution and delivery of clients’ projects. This role offers a great variety of work, autonomy, client contact and direct Partner/ Director/ Manager/ Senior interaction and coaching.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Support the audit planning and conduct research on client background and key risks
- Assist with the development and defining the scope of review, propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules. Coordinate with client on kick off meetings and closing meetings and other necessary planning activities
- Assist with walkthrough interviews with key stakeholders/ senior management and perform testing of complex/ non-routine audit areas including the development and completion of work programs
- Assist in the preparation of the draft and final written reports covering the audit findings (control issues/ gaps) and propose corrective action plans to the management, as well as in the wrap up audit work files, and closure of the engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to help grow the practice, including supporting the preparation of proposals and business development materials
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- Recognised Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
- Prior working experience preferred but not required
- Professional qualification (CPA, CA, CIA) is highly preferred
- Able to work independently, be highly motivated and a team player
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Effective report writing skills
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethics
- Strong analytical, well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignments
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 138-member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Advertised: 01 Jul 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time