Job type: Forensic services
Categories: Advisory/Forensic servicesApply for this position
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton International Limited network. Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting and advisory organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 57,000 people in over 140 countries, we have the scale to meet our clients’ changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
At Grant Thornton Singapore (GTS), you are empowered to make a difference in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential. You have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible and supportive structure. It is an exciting time to join GTS, as we are rapidly growing, with no two days being the same. You will be an integral part of helping to build GTS into the go-to firm for dynamic organisations trading in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
- Conduct research and analyses to assist the engagement manager/senior in performing fact-based investigations to uncover evidence surrounding financial irregularities and/or fraudulent transactions. The analyses will involve assessing books and records, examining transactional documents and other relevant documents.
- Conduct background searches on relevant entities to identify business profiles and relationships.
- Perform research on relevant international standards, laws and regulations in connection with the subject matters of the engagement.
- Assist in preparing working papers detailing the work performed from conducting research and analyses.
- Assist in gathering information from clients/relevant parties and collate and organize the information by indexing/creating a catalogue.
- Attend meetings and assist in the preparation of minutes of meetings.
- Assist in drafting certain segments of proposals and preparing PowerPoint slides for presentation to clients.
- Assist to perform ad-hoc administrative tasks (e.g., data entry, printing and scanning of documents etc.).
Qualifications and requirements:
- Strong academic background with bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to analyse data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 140-member firms across the globe
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Aug 2021 Singapore Standard Time