Job type: Assurance
Categories: AssuranceApply for this position
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 50,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet our client’s changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton network. As part of our business growth, we are looking for high calibre team members to join our fast growing and dynamic business.
As an Assistant Manager within our Audit team:
- You’ll complete Audit reviews, agree Audit timetables, brief the Audit team (including other specialists), monitor budget and supervise more junior colleagues
- You’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, whilst recognising and assessing business growth opportunities
- You’ll assist your senior colleagues in the drafting and writing of new proposals
- You’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
- You’ll confidentially lead a client portfolio, communicating with the lead partner as and when necessary.
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Qualifications and requirements
- Required degree in Accounting or Finance and completed qualification for one of the following: Singapore CA, ACCA, CA Australia, CPA Australia, ICAEW, or US CPA
- Minimum of five years progressive audit experience in Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
- Experience leading international engagements where other auditors are involved in the execution of the audit
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in SFRS and SSA, as well as IFRS and ISA.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated, including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with others, creating a positive team environment
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our member firms across the globe
Advertised: 01 Dec 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Mar 2021 Singapore Standard Time