Tax Manager / Senior Manager
Job type: Tax
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 54,000 people in over 135 countries, we have the scale to meet our client’s changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton network. As part of our business growth, we are looking for high calibre team members to join our fast growing and dynamic business.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly and vibrant tax manager/senior manager with fund experience. A manager/senior manager must present solutions to increasingly complex technical issues and manage a team on demanding assignments on a day-to-day basis.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for selling to clients and intermediaries.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services, and capabilities and takes an active role in selling services across service lines.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as for the wider firm.
- Builds a rapport with clients and develop an in-depth understanding of their client’s business and expectations.
- Meet client’s demands, keeping them up to date on progress of projects or engagements and updates in technical issues.
- Deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations.
- Responds to client’s questions and tax issues in a timely and professional fashion.
- Presents high-quality work with minimal input from directors or partners.
- Be responsible for planning client’s assignments.
- Assist in tax advisory projects for clients
- Acts as a first point of contact on tax projects
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly.
- Accurately interpret advice obtained from other specialists and question where appropriate.
- Presents solutions to complex technical issues.
- Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Appraises and mentors junior members of the teams by giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and providing development opportunities.
- Manages a team to deliver projects and engagements on a timely basis
- Provide on-the-job training to junior members of the team.
Operations and results
- Manages work process to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Ensures adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures.
- Ensures bills are raised and monitoring collections on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in advising clients in the fund space, including availability of Singapore tax incentives
- Recognised Degree and/or relevant Professional Qualification in Accounting or Tax law
- Min 6-8 years of relevant corporate tax compliance and/or advisory experience in the fund management space
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Effective communication skills, and an ability to display a strong knowledge and understanding of clients’ needs
- A high level of motivation, professional integrity and collaborative skills
- An ability to work under deadlines
- A proven track record in managing and motivating people.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
8 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 1, Singapore 018960
Applications for this position are now closed