- Students and Graduates Students and Graduates
- Administrative Executive
- Audit Internship
- Tax Internship
- Audit Associate
- Senior Audit Associate
- Indirect Tax Director
- Tax Associate
- FRAS Manager/Assistant Manager
- Tax Manager
- Forensic Director
- Forensic Managers & Consultants
- Payroll/Outsourcing Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Indirect Tax Senior Associate
- Indirect Tax Assistant Manager
- Indirect Tax Associate
- Our stories
- Experienced hires
Specialism / Function
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is a network of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms, made up of 53,000+ people in 135 countries.
At Grant Thornton, we offer a comprehensive range of advisory services to help create, transform and protect value. Grant Thornton’s Forensic practice is a dedicated team of over 800 experienced investigators, forensic accountants and computer forensic specialists providing investigations, dispute advisory, data collection and analytics and forensic accounting services from 36 locations around the globe. Our team serves government, corporates and their legal advisors on regulatory, litigation, arbitration and compliance assignments.
Grant Thornton is seeking an accounting professional with ten (10) or more years of experience of client-facing forensic assignments and other analytical skills to various client situations.
As part of an embryonic Singaporean Forensic team, you will contribute to the development of strategies for practice growth and the design and implementation of programmes to develop the technical skills and growth of the professionals within the practice. We are looking for an individual seeking career advancement to partnership in our advisory practice.
You will work with the team leader of the Singaporean Forensic practice to:
- investigate information to complete projects, such as analysis of fraudulent transactions reconstruction of financial statements and analysis of complex transactions
- perform complex and detailed analysis of financial documents for use in lost profits, economic damages, and similar analyses
- draft expert reports and other communications required in litigation service projects
- identify technical client problems and offer potential solutions to those problems
- gather, organize, summarise and interpret data to arrive at a conclusion
- assist in the review and supervision of work performed by less experienced team members
- review work papers, expert reports, and other communications for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with firm and professional standards and applicable judicial requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or other relevant field, required
- Chartered Accountant or similar internationally recognised accountancy qualification, preferred
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree, preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in client-facing consulting offering forensic and investigations services, required
- Prior experience in conducting investigations related to fraud or other economic crime (e.g. ABAC, AML, Economic Sanctions, CTF, etc.), preferred
- Experience providing testimony at deposition and trial as an expert witness, preferred
- Able to live and work in Singapore either as a citizen, PR or under an EP
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effective managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Some travel required
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Grant Thornton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "[Your Name] _Director – Forensic" as the subject title of the e-mail.