Job type: Full time
Categories: Advisory/M&A and Buy-outs/Transactional servicesApply for this position
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies. As a $5bn global organisation of member firms with more than 58,000 people in over 138 countries, we have the scale to meet our client’s changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps our clients to stay one step ahead.
Grant Thornton Singapore is a member firm of the Grant Thornton network. As part of our business growth, we are looking for high calibre team members to join our fast-growing and dynamic business. In particular, we are looking for a highly motivated person to help run our Mergers and Acquisition practice.
- Execute transaction and related advisory services engagements in serving corporations and private equity investors in financial due diligence and related transaction support services;
- Work closely with local and international colleagues from different service lines;
- Manage execution team in performing the fieldwork and be responsible for the overall progress;
- Perform risk management procedures including scoping, drafting engagement letters and project budgeting;
- Manage the preparation of reports and deliverables;
- Assist in developing local and international business opportunities by preparing proposal materials;
- Lead, coach, supervise and develop the skills of junior team members.
Qualifications and requirements
- At least 6 years of experience in an M&A transaction environment, preferably in a Financial due diligence role;
- Strong financial analytical skills, including integrated financial models;
- Good business sense and ability to identify key elements and issues in M&A transactions in a variety of industry sectors;
- Knowledge of financial modelling;
Project management and communications skills, including a track record of delivering outstanding client service in compressed timeframes;
- Proven ability to work within and supervise a team of talented professionals;
- Post-graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CFA or MBA);
- Business Development experience;
- A strong command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- Willingness to travel (sometimes at short notice).
What we can offer
- Competitive remuneration
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment
- A corporate culture where we value diversity and your value and knowledge counts
- Opportunities for continuous professional and career development within our Singapore firm or our 138 member firms across the globe
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Differences make us better. We are also committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our GTS family.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, an inclusive and collaborative work environment, with many opportunities to grow and develop through advising an interesting local and multinational client base.
Advertised: 27 Jul 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: 31 Oct 2021 Singapore Standard Time